Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Break

Ok, so I am a teacher. I get the summers off. But, every other year I have had a part time job at a local garden center to keep me busy and able to survive. This is the first year ever of not working. As I have a full time teaching position and chose the all year option of paychecks I am able to live comfortably and not work. This also allowed me to plan my wedding. (Note: I had been working the part time job until just before the wedding when things got chaotic with the end of the school year and work) So, we had the wedding, things are pretty blissful and then now. It is like I have had some sort of let down because I feel like I have nothing to do. do I really? NO. I have a million thank you notes and could bake and thousands of other things. So why do I feel like there is nothing to do? Easy, I don't have a job. I have conditioned myself to work all the time and to never take a break. I don't know if I ever really learned to relax. So I think this will be my challenge until I start setting up my classroom for the year and get back into my usual chaotic happy place. I will do my absolute best to learn to relax, get things done around the house without pouting, and see how well I can do this without going to the day spa or getting a pedicure (my usual today was crappy and I need a fix.)

Happy relaxing!

No comments: