I have just returned from a five day vacation that Kyle and I dubbed our Belated Honeymoon. We put this off for two years because we didn't have the money or time before. So, I wanted to go to the beach. We settled on the coast of Lake Michigan and we could camp at a state park that had it's own beach. As usual, we always end our coming trips with a night's stay in a hotel. We picked a historic inn in Harbor country that would be halfway between our campground and home.
Let's just say I am so glad we did this. I am more relaxed and ok with the world than ever. I am the perennial work-a-holic/overachiever/can't leave anything be-er. A week of forgetting everything go and shutting off my cell phone for the majority of a week was exactly what I needed. If you are like me, do yourself a favor and listen to others when they tell you that you need a vacation. I did. It was the best thing.
Thank you Kyle for 2 years of being married to me and taking me away on vacation the moment my last (for now) grad school paper was submitted. I Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment