Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wanting and having

It can be so easy to fall into the trap of wanting and forgetting what you have. Right now, for me it is a DSLR camera. Specifically the Canon T3i. It is so far out of my budget. But I want it so badly that I forget all of the wonderful things I have. Many of those things that people have given me because they knew I could not afford it, including the beautiful computer that I am typing on.

How do we avoid wanting things we do not need? What has happened to my mindset that has made me want this unnecessary piece of equipment so badly?


In other news, I do have a classroom to get decorated and organized. It is such a task. I will later take pictures with my current camera (a pocket sized point and shoot that I was given as a college graduation gift). It will be lovely once I obsess over the details a little more.

No comments: