Wednesday, September 26, 2012

10K

I broke the 10K mark in my runs. Finally. I got stuck at 5K for a while and I could get just past the distance but was stuck just about there. I am signing my self up for the Hot Chocolate 15K and am so determined to finish well. For me that is not really a time, I know I am slow paced. For me it is not walking at all.
This is a big deal for me because just over a year ago I was barely able to finish a whole mile without walking. Especially frustrating because I used to play soccer, that meant running for almost 90 minutes without stopping. In the school mile runs I was always finishing under 8 minute miles. I think my longest time was a (to me) pathetic 9:15. Now I am thrilled when I am faster than 10 minute miles.
Today I ran 6.85 miles. I passed the 10K barrier both physically and emotionally.
Go me!

No comments: