Friday, January 16, 2009

whoops

Ok, I said I would update this more but I got busy, overwhelmed, and figured that no one really reads this so no biggie.
Right now, my partner teacher and I are putting things together for our very first concert with our second graders. Hopefully all will go as anticipated and prepared for. But, there have been quite a few hurdles lately so we will be getting their by the skin on our teeth.
Because of the super freezing temperatures here in IL we had school canceled yesterday and today was an inservice then, MLK day is Monday so, the students will have 5 days off before they come back. I love my students but, when we have a few too many days off, some forget how school works.
So, we are putting on a program called "Goin' on a Road Trip Across America" and we have our students singing and dancing to songs that either are from or describe a different place in the US. They seem to be loving it so far and the songs are only sort of stuck in my head.
34 days left until the performance!

No comments: