My best friend does this every year and I thought it might be a good experiment for me to try as well. So, thank you Sooze for getting me started and letting me steal.
Here goes:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?: Got married, moved out of my parents house and paid for almost all of my expenses.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not really, I always make the usual eat better, work out more, etc. While I did do pretty well, it was not really a complete success of following them.
My next year's resolutions are:
1. get more financially stable.
2. continue to be more aware of what I am eating and where it comes from
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?:
A good friend had a little girl and I was blessed to be there the day after she was born
4. Did anyone close to you die?:
My dog, Rory
5. What countries did you visit?:
only the one that I inhabit
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?:
less money woes
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?:
July 11- Kyle and my wedding, August 30- the day we got Charlotte
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
Planning my wedding, moving to our apartment
9. What was your biggest failure?:
Money, my car and all of it's repairs
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
I hit my head when moving and ended up in the emergency room and got a head and neck CT scan. I'm ok.
11. What was the best thing you bought?:
things for my apartment
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?:
My family for putting up with my ups and downs. Kyle because he keeps me sane.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?:
Some of the people who make big decisions, the state legislature for messing up so much that all of the schools in the state are about to cut everything.
14. Where did most of your money go?:
Rent, gas, food, bills, wedding, my car
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?:
Getting Married, getting Charlotte
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?:
Look After You- The Fray, Tonight's gonna be a Good Night- Black eyed Peas
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? both
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same.
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:
exercise
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:
Procrastinating and spending money on a car that is not worth it
20. How will you spend Christmas?(how I spent it):
With my family and later Kyle's family
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?:
I continued to love the same person
23. How many one-night stands?:
Zero
24. What was your favorite TV program?:
Grey's Anatomy, Project Runway
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?:
No.
26. What was the best book you read?:
I kind of did not read much that was interesting but I have started "Animal, Vegetable Miracle" and am loving it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:
Getting into things that I already knew, just better and Hamsters can't play the piano and Whacky Spring Fever.
28. What did you want and get?:
A beautiful wedding, a bulldog, and starting my life with Kyle.
29. What did you want and not get?:
A house and a new car
30. What was your favorite film of this year?:
UP
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I turned 24. My mom and I did our usual birthday shopping for new school outfits and we had Dinner with Kyle, Dad, and my Great Grandma at Plum Garden.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
More Money and Job security
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?:
Teacher casual
34. What kept you sane?:
Kyle, my mother, the dogs
34a. Okay, what kept you less crazy?
My friends who listen as well as the before mentioned
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:
I envy Heidi Klum
36. What political issue stirred you the most?:
local politics and the idiots who know nothing about education who somehow end up being educational leaders (i.e. politicians)
37. Who did you miss?:
Friends who moved away
38. Who was the best new person you met?:
Some of the new teachers in my building and my florist.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Things are going to happen if you like it or not, just enjoy that they are happening rather than being upset that you can't control them.
40. Quote a song lyric that describes the past year:
Always look on the bright side of life
No comments:
Post a Comment