Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winter doldrum

*WHINY ALERT*  I REPEAT *WHINY ALERT*
Do not read if you don't want to hear it.



I am in need of a boost. I don't know exactly what kind.
I need a pick me up from a friend to remind me that I don't suck or a token of appreciation from someone who sees me work my butt off. Maybe just a "Hey, you look sad. Here is something to make you feel less sad." (then that person hands over a bag of chocolates/IPad/New camera/stack of $100s)

 I know, I sound like a greedy, whiny child. "But Daddy, I Want an Oompa Loompa NOW!!"


Reasons for need:
1. I have been sick with bronchitis and unable to perform my usual duties.
2. I know that I am overdoing it at work/stressing too much about work.
3. While not worse than before (better actually) the $ situation still troubles me and gives me hearburn (i.e.more stress)
4. Winter. I have been stuck in a snow cave. My couch has an imprint in the shape of my butt from 5 days without leaving the cottage.


5. General loneliness that comes from being isolated from the people I used to spend the most time with.

 6. My stuff is falling apart in every direction and I don't have the money to replace it. This makes me nervous.




I feel a bit insignificant. Like I could fall off the Earth and no one would really notice or care.
Say hi to me. please? 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

HI KATIE.

I hear ya on a lot of these. Like, work stress, money stress, and being sick of winter. February probably needs to be over.

If you fell off the earth, I would be lost and confused and start to wander down to your room out of habit, like I kept doing the day and a half you were gone. Also, I would have no one to teach me the snow pants dance.

Alyssa said...

I typed up a really nice, thoughtful comment and then Blogger baleeted it. Here's the main points:
1. February needs to be over.
2. If you fell off the earth, I would be a lost and confused puppy.
The end.