Monday, February 28, 2011

Final straw

Well, the final straw fro me to finally go get a new pair of glasses and some more contacts came today. I have been putting it off for a while. My prescription did not change. But, I really did not want to shell out the bucks for new frames, just contacts.
The sad fate of my beloved teal and black frames came from a very small boy. You see, I assist with an after school, intramural program.We have been playing soccer. These are second graders. I bent over to help someone tie a shoe. There were knots. So, I am kneeling on the floor, wrestling with tiny knots on a tiny shoe and then BLAMM-O! A soccer ball smacks into the left side of my face at what seemed like full force. My glasses go flying off my face, landing about 5 feet away from me. The nose pads dug just so forcefully into the sides of my nose, I thought it was almost broken. Then, there is the small boy, holding his hands over his mouth, looking stunned and a little scared. He has just realized that his music teacher is not ok.
So, I hear him apologize about 50 times and ask if I am ok. I tell him that I am fine but to not kick soccer balls that close to someone.
Immediately after the session, I call up the local fast glasses place and get an appointment. Two hours later I have new contacts, new glasses to pick up tomorrow (not as cute as the old ones but hey I am poor), and a big divot in my wallet.

No comments: