It has come to be that time again where I get to come up with ideas to what cute thing my third graders are going to put on for there parents. I have my personal list of themes for the kiddos to Sing/Dance/Play Instruments to but I would love to see what other people would like to see 8 and 9 year-olds do.Remember this is a May concert and I have to teach it for a month and a half.
I will send you a program signed by a class of third graders or the principal, a thing of wipes, and some hand sanitizer if you can give the best idea.
Themes that have been recently used/are not ok
- Spring time
- The beach
- Songs across America
- Patriotic stuff
- Music theory
- Pirates (not my choice to have banned)
- Colors
- The earth/ recycling
3 comments:
Halloween! j/k
Hmm... Third graders. I remember studying Native Americans in third grade. And reading Trumpet of the Swan. I'm not much help, am I?
Themes... careers (are there songs about firefighters?), a favorite book they read this year, the ocean (it's different than beach somehow), the body (I'm imagining "Dem Bones, dem Bones, dem dry bones"), animals, famous people, space, Oldies songs, songs across the world, folk songs in general, hippie peace songs (some of these topics overlap, huh?), TV/movie theme songs or songs from movies in general (Eye of the Tiger!).
Does that get you started? I can make some more stuff up if you need it. That's why my degree is called a BS. ;)
We do a boomwhacker version of Dem Bones! The winner is still a secret but I should be announcing tomorrow who gets the purell and bottle of wet ones.
Alright! The concert is called Get Up and Move! It is all songs about movement, dancing, and being active! My personal favorite is the song called "Couch Potato."
Post a Comment