Monday, July 11, 2011

I am in a sit com where everyone is laughing very hard at me.

Today was rough. It was Kyle and my anniversary. But, we were apart because I had class. This morning, Kyle was home and I was in Bloomington heading to class in Lincoln. There were major storms at home and our power got knocked out. Kyle along with 800,000 other people now have to figure out what to do. It is a mess.

Then we get to this afternoon, my car is making a weird noise. Ok, so I pull over once I get to Blo-No, can't tell about anything, get back in the car. No sound, yay! Stop at my first errand and they don't have what I need, so I get in my car, turn it on, no power steering. Dang. But, there is a Wal-Mart next door with an auto center, I stop in, they look, no my steering fluid is fine, but, the tension thing that holds the belt on has MELTED OFF! I now have to get a tow truck to take my car somewhere. There was only one place in all of Bloomington open. I am calling everyone I know. No one is answering. My phone is also dying, I go into walmart and buy a phone charger because I did not have one with me. Finally I get a hold of Kyle, he knows what is going on, he calls family tries to figure out help. I am a mess. Tow truck comes an hour later and I still can't get a hold of anyone to come get me from the repair shop.While in the tow truck, I find out about 2 major tragedies that just happened in the town I am in. Not a good day all around I guess. Still no answer from anyone if they can get me. I now also have talked to my MIL who is willing to drive several hours to get me and take me back to her home. What do I do? Hmm, facebook on my phone? That worked except I now have to deal with the repair guys. They can't look at my car until the morning. I still can't get in touch with my friend (turns out cell signals were iffy everywhere today) I get a ride from a from Kyle's buddy back to where I need to go. Now, I have to get a rental. No one has cars. In all 7 rental companies. We finally find one, drive out there and my card is declined. They also wont take my debit card because they need to hold a crap ton extra on it and I don't have a crap ton extra. I am stuck. Luckilly, my girl friend comes to the rescue and there is a car to rent.

In the end, I am safe ad will survive another day. I hope. My car had a piece melt off today from the 115 degree heat index. What else crazy can happen?

1 comment:

TopHat said...

You need a do over day,stat! I hope you get one soon.