Today was an exercise in patience, in all aspects of my life. Too much stuff that is confidential and not post-able.
So many moments today when I was unsure if I should yell, scream, get quiet, or strangle someone. Then, i managed to mess up something in my throat. I am not quite sure if it is a sick thing or if I managed to break my voice with overuse. Either way, it hurts to talk and I am not good at being on vocal rest.
So today in first grade, we are working on the story of The Firebird and Igor Stravinsky's musical interpretation of the story. It is a long unit. Because I had no voice to use, we got to color all of the pictures of the main characters to put on Popsicle sticks. One student gave me his stack of papers and told me that he arranged them with good guys on top of the stack and bad guys on the bottom of the stack.
Let's hope that tomorrow brings back my voice and fewer lessons in patience.
No comments:
Post a Comment