Saturday, March 31, 2012

So I am running

My family is made up of runners. I have never been one. I tried in junior high and was on the track team (they took everyone). My event was the 400. A race that is neither long distance or a sprint. I think I only ran it because no one wanted to run it and I could sort of do it. I did ok. Once I took 3rd at a meet but found out later that they only announced 1 and 2 at the awards. SO, I figured running was not for me. I did play soccer after all and did lots of exercise there. Then college can and I did marching band in the fall. 4 years of it and no matter what you say, it did keep me in pretty good condition. Fast forward to finding yoga and loving it. thought I would do that forever. Yeah, about that... 
 Inner peace can wait until I can afford a membership to a quality studio or my current health club moves classes out of the conference room.
So, my school PTA is doing a 5K and I signed up. I am back to running. The funny thing is, I don't totally hate it. Yes, my whole family runs 10K and half marathons, and whole marathons at the drop of a hat but this is my start. For now, 5K is kinda tough and I can just make it through the whole distance without wanting to fall over.

1 comment:

TopHat said...

I'll second using marching band to get into shape! I looked good every fall!

I'm doing running and biking now. And I'm doing pushups! I can do 23! January 1st I could only do 11.