So, during the summer time, I hang up my teacher hat and pick up my gardener hat. It is a welcome reprieve from my daily usual. I love teaching music with every fiber of me but, I realize how much I love this break from teaching and learning. Working at the garden center is methodical. There are the same needs every day. Water the plants, ring up the customers, and all the other things that come with it.
Last year, I went back to school myself and spent the summer being a student of special education. It was wonderful but, I never left thinking about teaching. At the garden center, I thing about plants. Plants are so different than children. Their needs are all about the same and they don't change what they need.
Today I worked in the garden center store ringing up customers, watered, and planted large planter boxes. I then came home and worked on my own vegetable garden and planters.
I love planting. Planting is so hopeful. Small little seedlings that have the potential to get so large and give so much. Unlike the full size plants they are easy to put into neat rows. In a few weeks the seedlings will be larger and stronger. No fruits or vegetables on them but more hope that they will provide us with food.
Happy planting to all and bring on the garden questions. I prepared with answers to your growing (plants that is) questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment