1. I don't want to talk to you.
I have answered the same four questions so many times. Yes, it is a girl. No, we haven't finalized a name. Yes, I am carrying very low. Please do not tell me "Oh, just wait until the baby gets here."
2. Please don't take my picture.
I am the largest I have ever been. I do not think I am cute, pretty, glowing, or anything else positive. My self-image right now is one of a truck with the WIDE LOAD sign.
3. I am hungry
Please feed me. That holiday spread waiting for guests to share, it is mine, all mine.
4. I have heartburn
TUMS are my best friend. That odd face I am making. It is probably reflux again.
5. I'm tired
Just excuse me while I take a nap.
6. If I am not liking how I feel, please don't tell me how much worse it could be.
Yes, lots of people have been through what I am going through. They are not me, until I can jump in their brains and feel their feelings I can't compare.
7. Yes, I can smell you. You smell bad.
It doesn't matter if you are freshly showered and brushed your teeth a minute ago. Body odor makes me feel sick. Too much cologne or perfume makes me feel sick.
8. Maternity coats should be free
When I surpassed squeezing in my husband's coat I started to layer light coats because I didn't want to spend over $100 for a coat that will be worn for two months.
1 comment:
The worst smells while I was pregnant were those bathroom air fresheners in public restrooms. Totally gross. Blech.
Post a Comment