A road trip is always an adventure. Occasionally stressful and always full of unexpected turns. Being a type A person, I packed everything I thought Tater Tot would need for the six days away from home and Daddy.
One of my cousins is getting married in Savannah, Georgia. It is a 15 hour drive from Chicago so we needed to be prepared. DH couldn't take time off of work so, we rode in a 2 car caravan with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law.
Because we cloth diaper at home, I had to estimate the amount of disposable diapers we would need. One bag packed was just diapers and wipes. Sorry fluff lovers, I am not taking those with on a road trip with family. With no sure way to wash them and carrying around dirties while out and about, it was too much to manage. I ended up with a a package and a half of Honest company dipes and a package of disposable inserts for the Flip covers we have.
Other essentials included lots of sleepers and the trusty Wubbanub. Tater Tot is EBF. Minus the 1-2 bottles she gets when I'm at grad school on Thursday nights, she also doesn't have much time on a fake nipple. The Wubbanub keeps her just satisfied enough during elevation changes to feel better because she can't get out of the car seat.
So far, 13 of our 15 hours driving is done and Tater Tot is ok with the drive. Here we come wedding in Savannah, GA!

No comments:
Post a Comment