Wednesday, November 11, 2009

report card time is a happy time

I love getting angry parent emails. Especially the ones that keep emailing me about my inability to be a good teacher. I now think they are pretty funny. Granted, there have been ones that have gotten me very upset. I guess it also helps that i usually get much more positive feedback than angry emails. Last year, I had an ongoing train of email from a parent who did not understand why I could not take time out of my class to have their child sing me solos and then give private lessons and coaching. Even after pointing out the district policy on tutoring. (I can't tutor students from my building.)

I guess if I ever have children I might change the way I think about lots of things. But, I really don't think I will ever go after a teacher for giving a grade that is less than favorable. Especially if the teacher gives a detailed response and data to back up the student's work.

No comments: