Dear little blog,
I'm sorry I have neglected you. Life is busy. Here is a re-cap of the summer's events.
June
Our lease in Lakemoor was up on the 15th so we packed up and moved to my parents temporarily. It was a long move out because we did not rent a truck. Piece by piece, Kyle, his mom, and I loaded up her van and my dad's Element to make about 20 trips back and forth. I then cleaned the place for 3 days so that it was spotless and we would incur no additional charges.
Kyle started his internship with GPMF and got really involved in the festival.
July
We found a place in Chicago (to meet the residency requirements of GPMF) and move in on the 9th. We love our new neighborhood and it is nice to be here in the city. Kyle and I did the whole move BY OUR SELVES. Never again. 3 flights of stairs over and over are no fun.
I kept myself busy with helping family, going occasionally to the barn, and lots of working out. I am really loving this whole no real responsibility thing. I also helped Kyle at the festival with a project that needed volunteers. Oh, and did I mention that I am now selling my hats and things on Etsy? Buy them please!
August
We have to decide if we want to stay in Chicago. Our sub-lease ends after next month and they want to know if we want to stay. After going back and forth a thousand times, we decide that my commute to work sucks big time and I would rather leave our darling neighborhood for some sanity and for less of our hard earned money going to OPEC. So, the hunt for new residency begins again! (and move number 3 of the summer)
School started on the 25th and I am so glad to be back at work. I love my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment