There is one major thing I despise about teaching. Grading. Not because I think that grades are unimportant. They can show a lot of things to me and to the students and their parents. I just hate doing it. I think this is partly because I don't have a class of 25. Every piece of grading that I have to do (paperwork and non) is times 200. So, my hatred for grading gets put into my other personal problem. Procrastination. I am a super duper procrastinator. Every paper I have ever written, every project I had a month to do, was probably done all on the weekend or night before it was due. Thus, my grades are due on Friday.
The school Halloween party is on Thursday and I will not want to spend one lick of that grading because I love the Halloween party day. Kids in costume are priceless. So, I will spend my entire Sunday, working on my double vice of grading and procrastination and spend all day on my couch, grading.
No comments:
Post a Comment