Friday, November 4, 2011

Bad Day Killer

This week has been rough for me for many reasons unrelated to each other. I found the way to kill the rough day downs. One of my students has many needs and participates in their own way everyday. They love coming to music class so very much. Their enthusiasm to see me and come to my rooms makes me forget so much other crap. Seeing someone sign "Music, Music, Music, please, please, Music!" over and over makes me want to hug and love them so much.  Even though I have a pretty good idea that I really don't want to touch them (germs, a little slobber, boogers, bits of lunch). You haven't lived until you have a student who has so many needs is able to participate with their peers just the same as the rest of the class, with a huge smile, jumping and laughing, and enjoying what everyone else is without someone helping them through it. Today I went on a pirate adventure with my first grade classes. All of the kids went on this musical pirate adventure. Everyone sang. Everyone danced. Everyone acted silly and loud. Everyone had a good time.

No comments: