As difficult as at can feel at times, I make is a personal goal to always find some joy in every day. This usually includes me making light of something with a joke or my weird sense of humor. Today, my Great-Grandmother, mom, and I spent the afternoon together and had such a wonderful time. We discussed neat looking fabric and crafts we do and all sorts of things that make up happy. I could not have asked for a better day.
I look for joy at home all the time. It is why I tend to be creative there and relaxed. I need to remind myself to find joy at work as much as I find it at home. I love what I do but with the stresses of everything involved in teaching I forget to find the little moments that remind me why I do everything I do.
Work Joy:
I love that my first grade classes all have at least 5 children who give me a hug every time they see me.
Second grade classes that successfully can sing in a round and with voices that could rival the best children's choir.
Colleagues who listen and support me at work and personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment