Today in second grade there was a wedding. Q and U got married. The parents were invited and the kids all came to school dressed up for the event. It may have been one of the cutest moments ever for me to see at work. super love to the small people.
Also, today I had a first grade student ask about the guy holding a violin poster on my wall. They asked if it hurt his finger to play it. I tried to explain and realized "Hey! I have my cello here today because it was second grade string family day in my room. So, I let the kids come up to me holding the cello and let them chose to pluck or try the bow. What a great moment it was with all of them taking a turn, being careful, applauding their peers when they played, and then watching and listening with the biggest eyes ever. Sometimes you just have to throw out the curriculum and do what feels good for right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment