So many times today I had to not laugh at my students for something they were doing. There was the first grader who was mad that someone narked on him that he licked the garbage can (twice), the one who was in the time out chair and fell out of the chair, and so many more.
The best was by far the girls at the back of a bus at pm bus calls. I am stationed outside this week right by where the buses load and unload. While the bus was loading, two little girls at the back of the bus were out of their seats and kept slamming themselves in the back bus window/door and sliding down like the splatted into the window.
I then had to look and then, point and say sit down and ruin their fun, mostly because this is not safe bus riding behavior. But, part of me was glad I told them before their bus driver caught them out of their seats and wrote them up. I had to turn around and laugh for a long time. So many more times that I dont remember either other than the laughing while turned away.
I do have a poster in my room on top of a white board. There are things that kids say that make me laugh written under it. It is my secret laugh stash. Maybe tomorrow I will share these.
No comments:
Post a Comment