Saturday, December 8, 2012

This week in elementary school

This week was a busy one at elementary.
On Monday, we had someone decide to take the elevator during bus calls and the elevator got stuck so the fire department had to be called.
On Tuesday one of my darlings who chat with me about their behavior fell asleep for nearly the whole afternoon. Not a good idea for a six year old to stay up all night playing video games. We also had a student answer the question "is nine more or less than eleven?" with "no." Teacher's response: "that was not one of the options."
On Wednesday, I went shopping at target for a school food drive. We had a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed being at target with their teachers. While there, a colleague shared a photo of a third grade story problem. The assignment was to write a story problem and then illustrate it. It read, "I drew two boobs. I also drew two nipels. 2x2=4 there was a diagram drawn next to it.
Thursday included someone losing their coat and not realizing the one on the floor next to them was it. I asked if it could be in their back pack and they said "No, just my lunchbox and an extra pair of underpants." It was also the last day of my after school art critique/writing group. We had a party. It involved the principal singing Sinatra and Oreos.
Friday was relatively uneventful but with the typical kid things. First grade us also doing math with coins and they keep leaving out the second p and e after i in the word pennies. There is a door decorating contest going on as well and the art teacher and I teamed up for a big project.
I really do love how much I laugh at my job.




No comments: