Sunday, February 3, 2013

New spaces and friendly faces

January was s tough month personally. From this I was reminded that, I have the best support system a person could ask or dream for. I sit here on February 3rd and look at what I have. I am so blessed.

I came home on Friday and announced to Kyle that I would be spending the day on a big project, my messy crafting room. It was unbearable to work in. I didn't even take a before picture so I never have to remember it.
Saturday morning, I did my usual and cleaned the whole kitchen. I usually do this because the weekday kitchen tidying involves only barely getting the dishes done so that we can stumble out of bed the next morning and make coffee successfully.  Then I went and got Grandma her breakfast and planned how I would tackle the monster mess.
After several visits to Pinterest and other organizing sites, I had a plan and set out to the magical world of Target. I had planned to only spend $50 on supplies for the craft room. Amazingly I did that yesterday. There are a few little things I would like to add, eventually putting us over.
Before I leave the Target parking lot I text Kyle, "I will need your help unloading the car."
I bought a rolling cart with drawers that matches one I already had and a cube shelf with 8 spaces.
I arrive at home and we unload the car. (This is where I first am reminded of how lucky I am.) Kyle looks at the box full of DIY shelves and says to me, "Would you like me to put this together for you?" I didn't ask or whine. He just asked because he knew I would love it. No need for Valentine's flowers, I got shelves built. Kyle also knows that while I am competent with a hammer and parts and can build it myself, he does a meticulous job of it.

I spent 6 hours working in the smallest room of our house (aside from the bathroom).

It is now beautiful and organized. I am pulled in to create because of the way things look.



Friendly face number 2 comes in the way of  my Best Friend for All time, Susan, she knew of the crud I struggled with last month and in the mail yesterday comes a package with 3 wonderful things. A pair of socks with hedgehogs on them (I love crazy socks), a box of Gail Ambrosius Chocolates (go to Madison Wisconsin for them seriously), and a note pad that says pep talk and has my first pep talk written on it.

I know there are way more friendly faces that I missed. Thank you support system for knowing how to make me feel human again.





No comments: