Tonight, I am looking forward to an evening at the symphony with my DH and best friend silent five (and her first mate as she calls him.) We are being fancy. Well, sorta. We are lucky enough to have my husband working for the CSO and because of this, he can acquire tickets for us at a rate that is less than what the real fancy people pay. This will be a nice night out because I really miss her and I also need some relaxing, creative stimulating time.
But Katie, you say, you spend your whole day singing and playing music.
Well yes I do but, I spend my day doing kids music, explaining the most basic parts of music, and I also do everything a minimum of 8 times. 1 time for each of my classes in that grade level. It puts you in a rut.
There is a magical part of listening to a world famous orchestra playing that takes you out of yourself. They are also playing Beethoven tonight. I am in love with Beethoven's music. It is powerful and emotional. I can be anywhere and when LvB's music is playing, I am instantly somewhere better. A place where my emotions are pulsing and making my brain do all sorts of flip flops. Many composers have music that cause this phenomenon as well. Brahms gets my creative side moving. Listening to Brahms makes me want to pick up an instrument and play along. Not because I can, because I feel I must.
Do yourself a favor and go get some orchestra tickets. Find the nearest professional orchestra and purchase tickets to the next thing that they are performing. It will cleanse your soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment