Today in first grade we were trying out different percussion instruments and hearing all of their sounds and classifying them int o 5 groups: woods, metals, shakers, scrapers, and drums. I always save the windchimes for last. Today, in one of my classes I ran my hands through it and a little girl remarked "It sounds like sparkles!"
Then I melted into the floor and wanted to take her home with me to say cute things all day.
My school is also located very near Six Flags. We noticed how the rachet sounds like going up the hill on a roller coaster. So, we pretended to be on a roller coaster. Me and 24 first graders. We all tilted back and pretended that we were all on the roller coaster. Then I slowed the rachet down and when it stopped, we all tilted forward and gave out a little "Whooooooeeeeeeee!"
I love them
No comments:
Post a Comment