Friday, November 19, 2010

I don't feel like cooking cooking.

So, because of this week's ailment I have not wanted to prepare dinner for most of this week. What's a girl to do? Answer: easy food!

Tuesday I had put together a pot roast before leaving for work. It basically cooked itself for 9 hours while I went to work, came home at 10:30, and slept the rest of the day. WHo knew I could cook a delicious meal for 9 hours while sleeping on the couch?

Tonight was Mom's dump it all together Turkey noodle casserole.
step 1 Start boiling water for pasta, when ready, dump in pasta. Drain pasta when it is done.
step 2 While pasta cooks, brown a pound of ground turkey in a pan.
step 3 Throw a bag of frozen veggies (any blend will do) in the now empty pasta pot.
step 4 When the veggies are no longer totally frozen, dump in the now cooked turkey and a can (or 2 if you like) of cream of mushroom soup. Stir it up and then add the pasta and stir.
Step 5 Add any extras you like- cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Eat it straight out of the pot.
Step 6 (this is the extra step if you really want to make it better) Pack some casserole into a casserole dish and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. (or crunchy things) and bake until the thing is bubbling and hot and crispy on top.

This took almost as long to type as it did to make.

No comments: