Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful part three

Ok; these first ones are a little repetitious but they each have their own place. So there.

21. My Grandma Pat, she is smart and tells you exactly what she is thinking. There is no filter to her and that is what sometimes is the best. She also has been so generous to me for my whole life. Much of what I have is because of her.

22. My Great-Grandma Ruth. At 96 years old she is sharp as a tack and still willing to learn new things. I think she is so "with it" at 96 because she is still learning every day.

23. My Grandma Kathleen for giving me a huge creative streak and a need to be well dressed.

24. My Grandpa Jerry for his love of nature and fine food. He lets me take over his whole kitchen to try a new recipe and usually gives advice on how we can make it even more superb.

25. Those relatives who are no longer here for those gifts they have given me and stick with me still.

26. Garlic. I could not live in a world where garlic was not in my cooking.

27. Flowers. I have learned to love flowers more and more every year. The amount of colors and shapes and smells are ever new and fascinating.

28.  Photography for the new creative outlet is has become to me.

29. Did I say my big family yet? If not, then that. There is so much love in this big crazy family of mine. I have more than 20 aunts and uncles and 20 first cousins. Then there are the family members who lie outside of that first level out of the nuclear family. We are numerous and caring

30. Laughter. As I write this, my dog is upside-down and scratching her back on the rug. It is hilarious. Nothing much else makes you feel good like laughter does.

No comments: