A few years ago, my best bud wrote this survey and has completed it regularly. I stole it and somehow missed filling it out here for a few years. I decided this morning would be a good day to revive it. AS this is a personal blog with hints of teaching related stuff. Those who wish to be inspired by small children's quotes, stop reading now.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?:
I applied for a masters degree
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I am very bad at resolution keeping. I did continue to work out regularly and attempt to save money.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?: Many friends and colleagues gave birth. There are many new babies in my life.
4. Did anyone close to you die?:
No one particularly close.
5. What countries did you visit?:
No new countries this year :(
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?:
More financial stability. Less self inflicted stress.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: There are some events that are too personal to put on the internet. I will forever remember moving into our "new" apartment over my grandmother's home. Also permanently burned into my memory are moments where I convince my bosses to do zany things with the kids on the concerts, getting my new fancy camera, and the moment my husband told me he had lost his job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?:
More financial stability. Less self inflicted stress.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?: There are some events that are too personal to put on the internet. I will forever remember moving into our "new" apartment over my grandmother's home. Also permanently burned into my memory are moments where I convince my bosses to do zany things with the kids on the concerts, getting my new fancy camera, and the moment my husband told me he had lost his job.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?:
1. Getting recognized by the district superintendent for the work that the art teacher and I have been doing in our afterschool literacy group.
2. Getting my parent's 30th anniversary party pulled off.
9. What was your biggest failure?:Continually having to re-start my workout regimen. I do so well for a good while and then something throws me off for a while.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?:
Only small illnesses and injuries. None so significant that they need mention.
11. What was the best thing you bought?:
A new coffee maker and the fancy new camera that my family bought for me.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?: My parents for the way they conduct themselves at all times.Especially when their children continually coemt to them with that we feel to be a "crisis."
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?:
Congress
14. Where did most of your money go?:Bills
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?: A fancy new camera. Did I mention it?
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?:All of the songs we dance to in Zumba. It was the one constant in my workouts.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? mostly happier
ii. thinner or fatter? a tiny bit thinner
iii. richer or poorer? both, I was richer but the last week of 2012 caused poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?:baking, crocheting, crafting. Things I love to do
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?:my Facebook addiction
20. How will (did) you spend Christmas?:
Christmas eve and morning with Kyle's family and Christmas night at my parent's
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?: Stayed in love
23. How many one-night stands?:None, I should probably delete this question as I really will never change my answer.
24. What was your favorite TV program?:the Olympics
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?: I continued to really dislike members of the tea party who make our country more divided than before.
26. What was the best book you read?:I re-read The Journal of Best Practices I really recommend it to all. It explains relationships and Asbergers so well. Not to only be read if you want to hear about one aspect. Really, read it. NOW
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?:Mason Bates new composition "Alternative Energy"
28. What did you want and get?:
Canon Rebel T3i DSLR, a bigger place to live
29. What did you want and not get?:Better with money and losing excess weight.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?:
Lincoln but a close second would be Moonrise Kingdom
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?:
I turned 27 and I probably did some gardening and went to an outdoor concert. It was a not the most memorable birthday this year and I am good with that.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?:
If I had been able to purchase a home. This is a few years out still. It is forever my goal.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?:
Elementary Educator. As comfortable as possible without completely losing professionalism.
34. What kept you sane?: The dog.
34a. Okay, what kept you less crazy?
Most of the time my husband, my parents, good friends
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:None of them? I have never gotten into celeb fancying.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?: The election, civil rights for all Americans, gun laws (I hate weapons). I really can not understand how so many Americans want to take us backwards. Restrictions on women's health that are made by politicians who are not women bothered me to my core. I am so lucky to have a spouse who is equally disturbed by this. I wish so deeply that we could treat people like people no matter their gender, sexual orientation, cognitive ability, physical disability.
37. Who did you miss?:friends who have moved far away
38. Who was the best new person you met?:
my Zumba instructor and not a new person but my good friend and new colleague Beth. She has been very good at restoring my sanity.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
34. What kept you sane?: The dog.
34a. Okay, what kept you less crazy?
Most of the time my husband, my parents, good friends
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?:None of them? I have never gotten into celeb fancying.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?: The election, civil rights for all Americans, gun laws (I hate weapons). I really can not understand how so many Americans want to take us backwards. Restrictions on women's health that are made by politicians who are not women bothered me to my core. I am so lucky to have a spouse who is equally disturbed by this. I wish so deeply that we could treat people like people no matter their gender, sexual orientation, cognitive ability, physical disability.
37. Who did you miss?:friends who have moved far away
38. Who was the best new person you met?:
my Zumba instructor and not a new person but my good friend and new colleague Beth. She has been very good at restoring my sanity.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
So little is for sure in life.
40. Quote a song lyric that describes the past year:
40. Quote a song lyric that describes the past year:
I dreamed a dream...
No comments:
Post a Comment