Thursday, January 17, 2013

When it rains

Life is really happening right now. So many small and large stressors happening at the same time. It is one of those life moments where you really start to feel upset about your lot and blame the world.
DH lost his job and also ended up with a nasty head injury as the result of a fall just 2 weeks later. (he is ok) Dear family members fighting with their health. Other family members also losing jobs and getting in car accidents.

I have always tried to be the eternal optimist. Tried is the big part.
Yesterday I broke down and cried at every turn. Optimism left me for 24 hours. I didn't like it.
I am trying right now to look at these hurdles as something to jump over. Maybe we trip on the hurdle but finish the race. There will be no falling and giving up.
2013 is a year of new paths to take.

How do you pull strength from the deepest pockets of yourself?
Where do you look when all you can think of is blaming the world?

No comments: