Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have like a bunch of those

Today, I had a class of second graders who sing like angels. It is beautiful. After I told the class that I thought they had beautiful singing voices, one of the girls says to me. "Well, I make up my own songs at home all the time and that is just one of my singing voices. I have like 14 singing voices."

Another one of those "I need to turn away right now before I laugh in the kid's face" moments because it was too funny to try and stone face or just smile.

It was 90 degrees today and the school is not air conditioned. I was sweating all day. First graders who come to my room at the end of the day were crying for no apparent reason. They were just done. One teacher told me to take it easy on her class because moments earlier there were 4 crying at the same time. It was not that they did not want to go to music, they just did not want to walk there. At bus calls,  little boy A started crying because I told little boy B that he was doing a good job waiting for his bus call. Little boy A was doing a good job, I just hadn't gotten to complimenting him yet. I love first graders but they are not fun when hot and sticky at 3pm.

No comments: