Today, everyone remembered 9/11. I did not. I remembered Nancy.
My step-grandmother passed last night and I miss her. I have not seen her in person since my wedding two years ago but, I joined in with my mom on Skype to chat with her and my grandfather on a fairly regular basis. Nancy and my grandfather married not long after I was born and she has been an enormous influence on my life. A strong business woman who stood for so many things. Woman's equality in the workplace being essential to her core.
Nancy suffered from corticobasal degeneration. This is a rare condition that looks like Parkinson's but does not respond to any treatment. It is a life ending neurological disorder. Your nerves atrophy and you cannot control your body.
I cannot write well or in a way that can truly explain losing Nancy to this horrible disease. I love you Nancy and miss you already.
1 comment:
I'm sorry. I wish there was something else I could say.
Post a Comment